Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full-time job with no till exp ???

Options
  • 17-05-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have just applied for a full-time job in Tesco. I have worked in Spar as a customer assistant, helping customers, packing out stock from deliveries etc. I have worked hear for over a year. The problem is I have no experience on the tills/checkouts. I never got asked and I was just happy with what I was doing.

I was thinking of going on the checkouts as it would look good on my CV when applying for other jobs.

If I went for this full-time position, I was thinking that checkout experience would be a general requirement. I was thinking that they would just train me when I started work.

Anyone ever in this position and are tills easy to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Good idea, the more exposure and experience you can get the better your chances will be for future jobs.

Tills are really simple to use, you can get your colleagues to set it to 'training mode' and scan to your hearts content....couldn't be easier. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Generally the most difficult thing about tills are the customers. Using a cash register is not difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP you nearly need training on a till everytime you change jobs. They vary from place to place,as the layout is different. But within a few hours you are find.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Did you apply to Tesco online or did you apply in store? I think all Tesco recruitment is now done online, but I never see much vacancies posted despite people still being newly employed there.

Advertisement