Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubal Ligation

Options
  • 17-05-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi , has anyone heard of tubal ligation failure in Ireland ?. I had mine done at the same time as my c section 2 years ago . Now I've heard that the failure rate is higher getting it done during a c section. Is there any kind of exam or test they can do to make sure it has been preformed properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hi genie, afaik there is little difference in getting the surgery done at the same time as a c- section and getting it done as a separate surgery. Failure rate is extremely low, but it would depend I suppose on what method was used. I'd imagine if the tubes were cut(burned) it would be near impossible, however if clips were used there is a chance they could be dislodged. I would also imagine the only way to check would be with a laparoscopy, although I could be wrong on that. There is a higher chance of having an etopic pregnancy if you've had this procedure.

Advertisement