Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Never thought I'd see Aldi in this forum !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does that really qualify as a rip-off? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,402 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

An File wrote: »

I thought it did :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

An File wrote: »

yes, because they are advertising 1.99 and charging 100% more at 3.99 and when its pointed out, they won't honour the advertised price - therefore its a ripoff.

If they honoured the price or at least put a note at the door and on the display, it would be different, but to entice someone to buy at one price and then charge twice the price is a ripoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Unless they force you to pay the higher price its merely incorrectly priced tho I would ve thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

skelligs wrote: »
    yes, because they are advertising 1.99 and charging 100% more at 3.99 and when its pointed out, they won't honour the advertised price - therefore its a ripoff.

If they honoured the price or at least put a note at the door and on the display, it would be different, but to entice someone to buy at one price and then charge twice the price is a ripoff.

Invitation to treat. If 3.99 is too much say so. Hopeful the price was pointed out as it was being scanned if it was different than advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

skelligs wrote: »

Theyre Still good value at 3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

If it was Tesco mentioned, everyone would be screaming rip-off and there'd be ten pages of comment

Yes, its probably an error, but they have no notice up and neither have they changed the price and it is scanning at 3.99. Unless you are watching as every item is scanned and then carefully check your receipt, then you end up paying twice as much as you expected without notification of the extra charge.

That's a rip off even if its unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I would of argued the €1.99 price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I would of argued the €1.99 price.

Perfectly entitled to say "we're not selling it you at all then" if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sounds more like a mistake than a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nobody was ripped off. More a consumer issue.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumer_advertising.html
    What is 'Misleading Advertising'?
    Misleading advertising means advertising that deceives or is likely to deceive anyone that sees it. Misleading advertising may affect consumers’ choices regarding what they buy. It’s worth bearing in mind, that it may be an offence for a trader to advertise good or services if it is likely to mislead and therefore cause loss, damage or injury to the public. The following are examples of how advertisements can be misleading:

Claims made about the characteristics of goods and services contain a false statement of fact. (Example: A product weighs 900g instead of 1 Kg)
    The price or manner in which the price is calculated, is misrepresented. (Example: Goods are not offered at sale prices, but advertised as such)
    The conditions of supply of the goods or service differs to that advertised. (Example: 'free delivery' actually involves a fee or charge)
    The attributes of the advertiser, (the advertiser's identity, assets etc.) were untrue. (Example: 'an Irish based company' turns out to be based abroad)
    Advertisements can be deceptive in other ways. For example, if they conceal or leave out important facts. (Example: '50% off everything' - really only applies to certain items). Advertisements are also considered misleading if they create a false impression even if everything stated in the advertisement may be literally true.

I imagine this is a genuine mistake, I heard of other scams where some companies would advertise stuff but only have 1 or 2 in stock, an attempt to make you go to the store in the hope you might buy something else. I was subject to this by a sole market seller, agreed a price by email I arrive down especially to get it and they tried charging more, I got it for the agreed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭biccies

Anyone know the super 6 for tomorrow?

Advertisement