Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Website

Options
  • 16-05-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I bought a Smart TV from Argos and reserved from argos.ie. The description clearly states

'Watch on-demand movies and box sets from Netflix'

I bought it because like a lot of people I watch most of my TV online (particularly Netflix) and the tv in the bedroom is an old one so I was connecting my computer which is a pain.

When I got home I set it up and went to the Netflix menu (where you can deactivate and provides you with a code) and tried to enter the code to connect and it kept coming up incorrect so obviously looked it up online and nothing came up then I contacted the manufacturer of the tv and was first given instructions then told 'oh you're in Ireland, Netflix doesn't work on our tv sets in Ireland'. Argos give no warning of this.

I'm going to try return the tv but was wondering has anybody ever been in this situation before?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Not quiet the same as you but I had an issue over cashback on a laptop.

Bought it on the basis of a 140 euro refund. When I went to claim it I was told it didnt apply to Ireland.

I had the argos book and there was no mention of it at the till but Argos refused to deal with it.
    I contacted the National Consumer Council who got it sorted with Argos and I got a cheque from Head Office in the UK,

They quickly put a note on their tills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Would you not check with Netflix first? Its Netflix you are trying to watch. the menu appears and the code isn;t working. My first call would be to Netflix.

Also, from experience, many people in call centres and particularly UK centres frankly have no interest and no clue as to what they are talking about.

My guess is the call centre person was thinking of Freeview - yes some of them REALLY can be very very dumb and probably don't even know where Ireland is. On the waterboys documentary on BBC last week, one person didn't know there were 365 days in a year (she also hoped to meet a premiership footballer and become a wag!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PyramidHead

Thanks have tried that and still can't get the app up. Have also contacted Netflix and they're no help.

The issue is that there's a menu where you can access the activation code but this isn't the app. The tv doesn't have a Netflix app at all and when I changed the DNS it still didn't show up for me

Cheers inanyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Thanks have tried that and still can't get the app up. Have also contacted Netflix and they're no help.

The issue is that there's a menu where you can access the activation code but this isn't the app. The tv doesn't have a Netflix app at all and when I changed the DNS it still didn't show up for me

Cheers inanyways
    Have you tried updating the app list or the television software to the latest version? if that does not work then you have a television which won't play netflix in Ireland and can return it for a full refund as it is not what was described to you.

What is the model number of the television?

Advertisement