Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper pipes

Options
  • 16-05-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Any place in Limerick that will thread a copper pipe male and female a specific measurement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

You in the city or county.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

washman3 wrote: »
    You in the city or county.?

City

Reason I asked, there was a guy in Adare near Doherty Tractor sales but he has moved his workshop to Newcastlewest. Intriciate work is no problem to him. Do you know exactly the size thread you need.?
    Some plumbers would have threading machines, but cutting a female thread can be difficult with copper pipe as the wall thickness is very light. It is do-able though.

Reason I asked, there was a guy in Adare near Doherty Tractor sales but he has moved his workshop to Newcastlewest. Intriciate work is no problem to him. Do you know exactly the size thread you need.?
    Some plumbers would have threading machines, but cutting a female thread can be difficult with copper pipe as the wall thickness is very light. It is do-able though.

Cheers for the advice dude. I'd have a stainless steel tube that they could get the thread measurements off of. Is copper pipe not a 1.5mm wall? It's a 22mm diameter pipe I'm getting.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice dude. I'd have a stainless steel tube that they could get the thread measurements off of. Is copper pipe not a 1.5mm wall? It's a 22mm diameter pipe I'm getting.

No problem.
    Ya, pipe may be 1.5mm wall thickness but cutting a thread will eat up at least 0.5mm of that. But like I said, it can be done. Thread would be something like 7/8 UNF for 22mm pipe.
    Gimme a shout if you need that guy in NCW's number and i'll get it for you.

• Advertisement

No problem.
    Ya, pipe may be 1.5mm wall thickness but cutting a thread will eat up at least 0.5mm of that. But like I said, it can be done. Thread would be something like 7/8 UNF for 22mm pipe.
    Gimme a shout if you need that guy in NCW's number and i'll get it for you.

I'll keep it in mind dude, cheers. I'd rather find someone in or around the city as I've no way out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A & R Supplies in Pennywell?

A & R Supplies in Pennywell?

They'd only have the bits for me to be able to it myself, no!? Or have they a workshop too?

Advertisement