Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nemesis nuisance

Options
  • 16-05-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

When using a Nemesis (clone), the switch rotates and unscrews. Maybe it's the way I use it -- middle finger of left hand. I wonder if I used the right hand would it rotate and tighten. But I need my right hand for other things.
    Anyone know of any tricks to stop the rotation?

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I found the same issue with two different Bagua clones i have, one is far worse than the other and infuriating. I dont know of a fix unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I find that as long as the button contact is screwed all the way into the button and the button is crewed tightly to the tube it takes a few days or more for it to loosen slightly. Re-tightening every few days is alright by me.

How quickly does it start unscrewing for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

grindle wrote: »
    How quickly does it start unscrewing for you?

Almost immediately.

I have two Nemeses -- one steel, one aluminium. It's less of a problem with the aluminium one (because the threads are 'scratchier').

MHP wrote: »
    Almost immediately.

I have two Nemeses -- one steel, one aluminium. It's less of a problem with the aluminium one (because the threads are 'scratchier').

Very strange, you must have one of the bum ones. The button contact is screwed all the way down into the button, tight as can be?

I use my right hand and it doesn't tighten it up for me, it just very very slowly loosens. The contact-to-button threads loosen first and if I don't correct that I've seen the button creep down a 1/2mm in the next day or two (but I always correct it straight away because the voltage drop is too high if the button's contact isn't tight).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

I used to use a teeny bit of thread lock on my GP Paps which suffered from the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is the plural for nemesis nemesi?

Is the plural for nemesis nemesi?

Nemeses.

Ionised wrote: »
    I used to use a teeny bit of thread lock on my GP Paps which suffered from the same problem.

I have smeared the thread with Cow Gum. Seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Happens to mine as well, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes it takes a day or more. Button top batteries seem to make it worse for some reason (or maybe I just notice it quicker).

As of yet the only "perfect" mod (or cloned mod I should say) is the launcher from FT. I've yet to find anything at all wrong with it, the button is amazing, the threads are amazing, the floating top pin works perfectly, it works just as well in 18350 mode...

It is a bit heavy I suppose but I don't mind that.

The Cow gum only lasted for a couple of days. I do think, however, that I have found the solution. I changed the switches from spring to magnet a few days ago and have had no rotating/unscrewing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

MHP wrote: »
    The Cow gum only lasted for a couple of days. I do think, however, that I have found the solution. I changed the switches from spring to magnet a few days ago and have had no rotating/unscrewing since.

Yeah, you may have it, the coiled corkscrew effect of the spring could be causing the button to rotate a bit each press. Replace with smooth and even magnets and this 'feature' would disappear.
    Magnets! how do they work?:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Advertisement