Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASHP - Inverter or not?

Options
  • 16-05-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have recently been quoted for a Thermia Atec 6kW ASHP for a new build.
    Advice I have been given all along is to make sure your ASHP is inverter driven but I don't know if this is the case with this unit or not.
    Anyone have an opinion if Inverter driven is a 'must' these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jameser123

i think inverter driven compressors proform excellent at middle range, at low and high range loads, there not near a good.
    its all down to the seasonal performace of the heat pump,

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

Old Jim wrote: »
    I have recently been quoted for a Thermia Atec 6kW ASHP for a new build.
    Advice I have been given all along is to make sure your ASHP is inverter driven but I don't know if this is the case with this unit or not.
    Anyone have an opinion if Inverter driven is a 'must' these days?

I'd be more worried about the sizing of the heat pump as a 6kw ASHP can become a 4kw unit very quickly in colder weather. You'd want to have a tiny heat load for a unit that size. Best practice would dictate that you allow at least 2kw over and above your heat load on units below 10kw.

As was mentioned, invertors at full tilt are much less efficient than a standard single speed compressor.

Advertisement