Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia Motherboard problems..

Options
  • 16-05-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

About 10 months ago I bought the Xperia SP from Carphone warehouse. I also got the Band 5 insurance which they told me would cover any damage or theft of the phone.

So about 3 weeks ago the phone wouldn't turn on. I brought it in and they sent it off for repair. I rang last week to see if they could update me. Got told I had to bring my charger in also. They sent that off and I had to wait another week.

I rang today and they said the phone was sent back unfixed.

Apparently there was damage to the motherboard which wasn't covered by the warranty. They wrote it under "Accidental Damage" on their report.

What the Carphone warehouse insurance states: "Accidental damage - We’ll repair or replace your phone if it’s accidentally damaged."

Whats not covered: "Anything covered under the manufacturer’s warranty"

Sony's warranty says "Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the
    Product due to accident
    "

So what am I to do? My carphone warehouse insurance says they cover it but also don't cover it.

???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Brendog wrote: »
    About 10 months ago I bought the Xperia SP from Carphone warehouse. I also got the Band 5 insurance which they told me would cover any damage or theft of the phone.

So about 3 weeks ago the phone wouldn't turn on. I brought it in and they sent it off for repair. I rang last week to see if they could update me. Got told I had to bring my charger in also. They sent that off and I had to wait another week.

I rang today and they said the phone was sent back unfixed.

Apparently there was damage to the motherboard which wasn't covered by the warranty. They wrote it under "Accidental Damage" on their report.

What the Carphone warehouse insurance states: "Accidental damage - We’ll repair or replace your phone if it’s accidentally damaged."

Whats not covered: "Anything covered under the manufacturer’s warranty"

Sony's warranty says "Nor does this warranty cover any failure of the
    Product due to accident
    "

So what am I to do? My carphone warehouse insurance says they cover it but also don't cover it.

???????

Did you sit on the phone in your back pocket or something?

Could have bent the board on it, that's probably what they mean by it....

Not so sure will your insurance cover that type of damage....

I'd say look into the small print on your policy and see what they say...

Bit odd they asked you for the charger?

Maybe to see were you using an official one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

never have my phone in my back pocket. I dropped it once about 2 months after getting it but other than that I've taken good care of it.

What doesn't make sense is that the insurance says they cover accidental damage when the manufacturer doesn't.
    Whats the point of getting the insurance if the manufacturer warranty voids it?

Any advice on what to do or even get it fixed?

Advertisement