Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that show (battle reenactment)

Options
  • 16-05-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a show that was on British TV (poss BBC) several years ago. It was, IIRC, a battle reenactment show where members of the public (or poss. celebrities) would lead an army in an historical battle. It was (mostly?) computer generated what would happen when they did what they did, and then an expert would come on and tell them what they did right or wrong.

Ring any bells?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

corblimey wrote: »
    I'm looking for a show that was on British TV (poss BBC) several years ago. It was, IIRC, a battle reenactment show where members of the public (or poss. celebrities) would lead an army in an historical battle. It was (mostly?) computer generated what would happen when they did what they did, and then an expert would come on and tell them what they did right or wrong.

Ring any bells?

I think I remember that, Time Commanders?

I liked it, shame it didn't run for longer.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Time_Commanders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

That's the one, thanks so much! More than 10 years ago, ugh, I'm so old.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just buy Rome Total War and have a whack at it yourself, thats the game they're playing and it is a classic. Some of the best music in any game ever aswell.

Advertisement