Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Brewery Pubs - are they going to expand?

Options
  • 16-05-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭

I found myself in Dublin at the weekend and called into the Black Sheep for a few. It made me realise how much I missed the GBB pubs, especially those in Galway from my time there.

I'm living in Limerick now and, while we have a few pubs down here doing Craft, there's nothing that can match pubs like The Salt House/Black Sheep for a regular turn over of different beers and a good atmosphere. One of the great things about being near a pub like that is that you can read about something different on here and you're likely to get it in there. Down here the beers the pubs stock are fairly static and there isn't the same emphasis on keeping up with what's going on. Mind you the Blind Pig does have a bit of a turnover but they're limited on their draught beer selection really.

Are GBB planning on opening in other cities besides Dublin and Galway? Are they actively keeping an eye out for sites to expand to or is it not a priority for them at present? I think a GBB pub would be a great addition to the craft scene in Limerick or, failing that, entrepreneurs of Limerick, you should have a go! If you stock the beer, we'll come! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

squonk wrote: »
    Are GBB planning on opening in other cities besides Dublin and Galway?
    Yes.
    squonk wrote: »
    Are they actively keeping an eye out for sites to expand
    Kinda.

I've certainly heard Limerick mentioned by the management, but there would have to be a suitable premises, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

You too Squonk, could be be drinking in a great bar with no TVs or other distractions, with great food, a great crowd and best of all a whopper selection of world class brews. And then you too, could join the Galway Bay Breweries thread and inexplicably moan endlessly about the whole thing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭squonk

drumswan wrote: »
    You too Squonk, could be be drinking in a great bar with no TVs or other distractions, with great food, a great crowd and best of all a whopper selection of world class brews. And then you too, could join the Galway Bay Breweries thread and inexplicably moan endlessly about the whole thing. :P

Ha ha! I note the irony alright but the beer is good and the pubs are grand. I do think the prices are high and higher than they need to be really (and I don't want to derail the thread into that particular discussion) but there is no doubt that the GBB guys know how to set up and run decent craft pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I only hear one moaning voice in this thread ;-)

I only hear one moaning voice in this thread ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I hear echoes

drumswan wrote: »
    I hear echoes

oops:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I've heard Limerick, Cork and London all mentioned as possibilities for new pubs.

Advertisement