Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics Ireland website redesign

Options
  • 16-05-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/

Good - a licenced fixture list
    Bad - its a PDF :rolleyes:

Good - twitter and facebook feeds
    Bad - twitter and facebook feeds. Damn social media everywhere ;)

I thought it would be changing more...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

oh, apparently it is changing more soon, the pdf is going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭rom

I'd be annoyed if they put up my email and phone number like that. You'd be getting lots of spam when they could have a contact forum of some kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Lots of dead space and xhtml????:eek:.

oh, now its different

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah, I was wondering what you were waffling about when you started the thread. There's always been a licensed fixture list and all that jazz. :P

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was wondering what you were waffling about when you started the thread. There's always been a licensed fixture list and all that jazz. :P

:o:D
    I knew it was being updated, so I was looking for things that were new and found things I'd never noticed before :pac:
    This seems to be the list of licensed fixtures
    http://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/fixtures/

I have to say, I hate modern web design...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

It's not great to be honest, looks quite amateur.
    Also, their social media presence is all over the place.
    The facebook, youtube & twitter logos at the top are way too big and intrusive (kinda like all of the site too be honest), and there's no consistency in the naming of each of those accounts, FB: AthleticsIreland, Twitter: irishathletics and YT: AthleticsIRL. They should at least consolidate it to a common naming convention on each.

Looking at the list of Licensed Races, I'm not sure how advisable it is to be posting people's phone numbers and email addresses online like that. They also have it split out by month, but don't have a date of the race column.
    Seems like some pretty basic stuff that just hasn't been thought out properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LacticAthlete

Seems like some pretty basic stuff that just hasn't been thought out properly.

Sorry is this in relation to the website or just the running(pun intended) of the sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Can't seem to access the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

A "redesign" would be to strong a word to use ha, they've basically changed the theme to a mobile friendly one.

Agreed about the emails and phone numbers on the permit list, I've a permit filled out here for a local road race, I'll be scribbling out myown details before I send it in on note of this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Elektronske

Which politician accepting tenders ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RayCun wrote: »

I have to say, I hate modern web design...

See how I let you off back then? I'm mellowing in my old age :D

It's not a nice site. I don't like it. Other one was too 'busy' but I don't like this look.

Advertisement