Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA or security+

Options
  • 16-05-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

passed the network+ a few weeks ago, i thought it was pretty easy and i really like the subject, just looking for a few opinions on doing either the ccna or going and completing the comptia set, i'm doing them through FAS and have the A+ as well, like i said , i really enjoyed the networking...cheers for listening..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

CCNA would be my option. It'll be tougher and a lot more hands on.

It does however depend on what path you'd like to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

As Kinet1c mentioned , you said you enjoyed the networking, i would suggest the CCNA, grab a CCENT ICDN1+2 book, download Boson Netsim and you would be good to go.. I say Boson Netsim as that is what i am using at the moment, maybe others could recommend something else?

But just to go back to what you asked,, if you enjoyed the networking and you have the network+, Cisco CCNA is the way to go, whole new level of complexity, but nothing you would struggle with too much i would think...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 APJAMES

I would say CCNA, as others have said its all down to what path you take but if you like networking then I would say definitley go for that, you would say way more jobs asking for a CCNA than S+ ,what I like about the CCNA compared to Comptia is that its very hands on and practical vs Comptia which is all theory,theres also alot of crossover between them both which will help you, I wrote a more detailed post about the CCNA in one of the other CCNA threads this week if you want to have a look at that.

Advertisement