Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wattage do you vape at?

Options
  • 15-05-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I know people probably change it up depending on juice/mood/alcohol level etc., just wondering what would be your general level?

I'm at about 6 :o

(Wattage = Voltage^2/Resistance, if like me, you aren't sure)

What's your watts? 24 votes

5-6.5
    0% 0 votes
    6.5-7.5
    12% 3 votes
    7.5-8.5
    16% 4 votes
    8.5-9.5
    33% 8 votes
    8% 2 votes
    16% 4 votes
    12+
    12% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

12 watts on an ego and evod?!? That can't be right :-)
    4.8x4.8/1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

10 watts on igo l at 1.9, perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Allan45121 wrote: »
    12 watts on an ego and evod?!? That can't be right :-)
    4.8x4.8/1.9

Ego twist or regular ego?

accaguest wrote: »

It's a twist, evod 650mah. since I started using cotton microcoils I always crank the puppy right up.

Allan45121 wrote: »
    It's a twist, evod 650mah. since I started using cotton microcoils I always crank the puppy right up.

:D I see many devices in your future.

• Advertisement

:D I see many devices in your future.

Ha, I'm already researching my first mod.. And rba..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

43w when the battery's fresh off the charger, 32w when it definitely needs to be recharged again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

grindle wrote: »
    43w when the battery's fresh off the charger, 32w when it definitely needs to be recharged again.

Car batteries and barbed wire?

Car batteries and barbed wire?
    Ha...
    ...haaaa!

Oh you two.
    I just about fit into the 12w+ category so I guess I'll get comfy with that lot - having the poll in 1w increments has severely expanded my social circle. Two others? I don't even know that many people IRL.

• Advertisement

^^A few people getting lost in the options probably, but I'm not going back to add a 40+ category :)

Big sway towards 7.5 - under 11 so far. Do you think all wattage is the same ie 2ohms at 4.4volts will vape the same, juice/device being equal, as 1.5 at 3.8v?

Hmmm, I can't edit the poll at all it seems. I was going to be hilarious and add a 44w and over option. Just thinking about it there. Hilarious it would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

My latest build is a single parallel macro coil (those of you familiar with rebuilding can probably guess who's video I followed to build it;)) which comes out at 62W, 15A on a fresh battery which my volt meter tells me puts out 4.18V on a launcher clone. It is a bit hot and you only get 1 or 2 drags before you have to drip again, I'll do an extra wrap next time...

Would suit you down to the ground Grindle, super easy to build and maintain and packs a serious punch, quicker than building 2 micro coils IMO.

Thank god for those Sony batteries with the high amp limit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Waiting for my 3D to drop in the door, gonna run that coil on it . :)

It's coming in a just under.3 ohm so.

What gauge wire did you use on that?

The single airhole is a decent size, so you might get away without drilling it out first. Still probably not big enough though, the heat and vapour that coil produces is extreme. I did 4 wraps (looks like 8 when you're done) using 26 gauge wire but I'd recommend 5.

One of the biggest negatives with the 3D is the fact that it doesn't have holes in the posts, you have to wrap it round. Could be tricky with parallel wires. Let us know how it works out :)

rickyjb wrote: »
    which comes out at 62W, 15A on a fresh battery which my volt meter tells me puts out 4.18V on a launcher clone.

4.18v with the atty attached and firing?

I'll try it whenever my 3D arrives, but have 0.5mm in the Origen - won't need to recoil that for months from the looks of it. Recoiling for a few minutes isn't too bad when it's occasional.

Maybe 2 extra wraps so :)

Only got 28,30 and 34g wire but got a few packs of r-n-r wires from FT.

Someone put up a post last night running 4 1.5 ohm parallel on a Fogger ,looked good.

there are some nice coils here

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1024391/how-do-you-dip-yer-wick/1

4.18v with the atty attached and firing?

I'll try it whenever my 3D arrives, but have 0.5mm in the Origen - won't need to recoil that for months from the looks of it. Recoiling for a few minutes isn't too bad when it's occasional.

Can't measure that, just have a FT voltmeter not a proper multimeter so it's just measuring what the mod is putting out. Would you lose much across the atomiser though?

Do you mean 0.5 ohms? I tend to recoil every 3 or 4 cotton wicks as I find I can never get the coils back to good as new even with dry burning/rinsing. Either that or one starts to heat up more than the other with dual coils. The parallel coil is good for that, between the heat and only being one coil it comes back nice and shiny after cleaning.

Can't measure that, just have a FT voltmeter not a proper multimeter so it's just measuring what the mod is putting out. Would you lose much across the atomiser though?
    When measuring without a load you're basically just getting the battery's full voltage or near enough because the internal resistance of a good mod and battery are miniscule.
    The lower the resistance of your load the higher a fraction of the total resistance the mod and battery become, ergo more of the heat gets generated/wasted on those points of resistance.
    With a fresh battery my unloaded Nemesis reads 4.18v, reads 3.9v with a 0.6ohm load, reads 3.6v with a 0.3ohm load. People running 0.15ohm coils and the like should expect a volt or more to be lost.
    Diminishing returns when pushing limits.
    Do you mean 0.5 ohms? I tend to recoil every 3 or 4 cotton wicks as I find I can never get the coils back to good as new even with dry burning/rinsing. Either that or one starts to heat up more than the other with dual coils. The parallel coil is good for that, between the heat and only being one coil it comes back nice and shiny after cleaning.
    No, I meant 0.5mm Kanthal.
    Cleans very well when rewicking, haven't changed my coils since the beginning of April and that suits my couldn't-be-arsed schtick down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

.5mm :-) You could wire a house with that stuff!

When measuring without a load you're basically just getting the battery's full voltage or near enough because the internal resistance of a good mod and battery are miniscule.
    The lower the resistance of your load the higher a fraction of the total resistance the mod and battery become, ergo more of the heat gets generated/wasted on those points of resistance.
    With a fresh battery my unloaded Nemesis reads 4.18v, reads 3.9v with a 0.6ohm load, reads 3.6v with a 0.3ohm load. People running 0.15ohm coils and the like should expect a volt or more to be lost.
    Diminishing returns when pushing limits.

No, I meant 0.5mm Kanthal.
    Cleans very well when rewicking, haven't changed my coils since the beginning of April and that suits my couldn't-be-arsed schtick down to the ground.

How are you measuring that, with a multimeter on the posts of the atomiser?

0.5mm kanthal, I see. Must get myself some 24 gauge, where did you get it? You should try building a parallel coil with it :D

• Advertisement

How are you measuring that, with a multimeter on the posts of the atomiser?

0.5mm kanthal, I see. Must get myself some 24 gauge, where did you get it? You should try building a parallel coil with it :D

Yeah, multimeter to the posts.

I was sent that wire in exchange for something, can't remember.
    I presume they got it from here: http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/products/Kanthal-A1-Heat-Resistance-Wire---0.5mm--500-Micron-or--24-AWG----10-Metre-Spool-2509.html

Cheap as chips. Cheaper, even.

For a parallel dual I'd have to drop my resistance by a third or half it, otherwise it'll take years to warm up.

Yeah, multimeter to the posts.

I was sent that wire in exchange for something, can't remember.
    I presume they got it from here: http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/products/Kanthal-A1-Heat-Resistance-Wire---0.5mm--500-Micron-or--24-AWG----10-Metre-Spool-2509.html

Cheap as chips. Cheaper, even.

For a parallel dual I'd have to drop my resistance by a third or half it, otherwise it'll take years to warm up.

I don't think so, it heats up pretty quick! It's like having 2 x ~0.5 ohms coils but with the added advantage that all the coils are touching each other. Lack of heat won't be your problem:pac: As usual check out riptripper's vid...

I did 5 parallel wraps of .3 on the Patriot last night,came out at .5 ohm and damn is it chucking some vapour :)

Gonna have to lower the nic content I think, 24mg is quite harsh from it.

Advertisement