Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set Play Store back to Irish one?

Options
  • 15-05-2014 9:34pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭

My Play Store is set to the UK version, but I want it is to display back to the Irish one again, but I can't seem to manage it.

I've removed any UK addresses from google wallet, so only Irish addresses there now. I've also removed and readded my google account to my phone (Nexus 5) but it still points to the UK store. Anyone got any ideas how I can do it apart from the above? I thought it was based on Google Wallet address? I even deleted my cards and readded them making sure the Irish address was chosen, but it's still pointed to the UK store.

Help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First result in a google search...

http://www.tekshanghai.com/change-country-google-play-store/

See if it works.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I had done everything except the purchase thing! Thanks, worked a treat. I swear I did google it and read articles/watch vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

5starpool wrote: »
    My Play Store is set to the UK version, but I want it is to display back to the Irish one again, but I can't seem to manage it.

I've removed any UK addresses from google wallet, so only Irish addresses there now. I've also removed and readded my google account to my phone (Nexus 5) but it still points to the UK store. Anyone got any ideas how I can do it apart from the above? I thought it was based on Google Wallet address? I even deleted my cards and readded them making sure the Irish address was chosen, but it's still pointed to the UK store.

Help please.

Howya,

Just wondering why you were changing to irish store? I'm on the UK store and don't want to misss on out!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Howya,

Just wondering why you were changing to irish store? I'm on the UK store and don't want to misss on out!

The reason I changed back was because on a specific app (Words With Friends) I was constantly being prompted to update but it said it was not available in my country, but my GF on her same model phone could upgrade. It was the constant prompting to update that did my head in, and it worked fine once I set it back to the default play store. I haven't used anything in the UK store that I can't get in the Irish store anyhow as the movies and magazines aren't something I use from the play store. It's easy enough to go back if needs be anyhow.

Advertisement