Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forex Brokers

Options
  • 15-05-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

I've been trading forex about 6 months now, really enjoying it but thinking of signing up with a different broker...any recommendations out there?
    Preferably ones with a free bonus and tight spreads on eur/usd, gbp/usd.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ive signed up to IC markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 exister78

Cheers, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Why ic markets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

exister78 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've been trading forex about 6 months now, really enjoying it but thinking of signing up with a different broker...any recommendations out there?

Thanks!

I like the site Plus500 which lets you short Bitcoin...due to its volatility you can make decent gains in a couple of hours, subject to having the stomach for it.

I like the site Plus500 which lets you short Bitcoin...due to its volatility you can make decent gains in a couple of hours, subject to having the stomach for it.

Thats a pure bucket shop, the spreads are to be laughed at really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

Thats a pure bucket shop, the spreads are to be laughed at really.

how about a bucket list, put them all on here for the op to keep away from

Cheers everyone...yeah I've been using plus500 so far but not mad about it at all.

Ok...did a lot of looking around...

IC markets looks great, prob will be my choice

anyone else tried them?

other possibilities:
    Alpari UK
    FxPro
    Hotforex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

Ok...did a lot of looking around...

IC markets looks great, prob will be my choice

anyone else tried them?

other possibilities:
    Alpari UK
    FxPro
    Hotforex

Yeah ive opened a account with them, no complaints so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Saxo Bank does forex.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tennisfennis

Hi there,

Thanks!

Just one thing dont choose the broker on how tight the spreads are. Some of the brokers with tight spreads will have more slippage on execution so may work out more expensive than another broker who has a wider spread but executes better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I don't trade FX as such, but I do often have to convert sterling to euros since my customer is in the UK. I use midpoint.com for this, seems to give the best spread. They actually give you the midpoint market rate, but with a small fee attached depending on size (equivalent to a tiny spread). Haven't found any other broker that comes near, short of using a bloomberg terminal and being a broker yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Izentrader

Any of you in Cork? It's a solitary business forex trading, might be fun to hook up for a few beers and trading tales...

I use Forex.com btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 don_01

Hi I've traded the following borkers with following feedback

FXDD - Malta - high spread / possible risk of large funds due to Malta regulatory environment i.e. not reg'd in UK/Ireland

Alpari - spread aren't great but consistent performance over last 4 years in terms of stability.

GFT - stay away - experienced either manipulation by broker or poor platform backend operations and stability - don't know which

Darwinex (uses primeLX) - currently using (still apari too) - low spread and seems a very open broker - i.e. proactive email detailing issues and market activity.

hope this is of benefit.

P.S any Dublin based FX traders looking for chat / pint let me know!!! - its lonely out there for us folks. Also interested in options trading at mo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

IG index all day , their going 30 odd years , consistently voted the best s/b provider by the f/t . They also have an office in Dublin and do monthly seminars if your into that kind of thing .you can also trade shares and spread bet all from the one platform , they also have mt4 and all that computer jazz for fx traders . I've been with them 5 years , and never had a problem !

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Hi all --

I'm working in Switzerland and paid CHF, and my savings are in CHF too. However, I'm about to buy property in Ireland and the EUR has been performing very well against the CHF of late. Took my eye off the ball unfortunately. 

I'm not in finance/don't have any (technical) knowledge re currencies -- where should I start in terms of learning about it, with a view to trying to minimise the losses I'm going to take on flipping my CHF into EUR?

With big thanks,
    Con

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just keep an eye on the news. You can't compete with the big boys anyway unless you have a bloomberg terminal and proper access to markets.

Thanks srsly78. I wouldn't even dare to try and compete, I'm actually just wondering how I can get my money into Euro w/out loosing too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did you check out the likes of Transferwise, Currencyfair, OFX etc.?

Mid-market rate on XE.com currently 1 CHF = 0.861403 EUR (example 50,000 CHF = 43,070.14 EUR)

Transferwise (example 50,000 CHF = 42,859.20 EUR / RoE 0.86147 / Fees 3 EUR)

Currencyfair (example 50,000 CHF = 42,862.00 EUR / RoE 0.85730 / Fees vary)

• Advertisement

yeah -- had a quick look but i'm more looking for analysis/forecasts so that i can learn a bit before i go ahead with the conversion. perhaps i'm misunderstanding, but they seem more like conversion tools than sources of info/analysis?

They are but they give you references to what is currently available to joe soap. Work from there to minimise any further losses.

In the last 12 months it looks like CHF has depreciated 8-9% against the EUR.

Thanks ProjectMoose -- much appreciated.

What option did you go with in the end?

none as yet, didn't get a chance to look into it.

Advertisement