Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underwater Dolphin Kick.

Options
  • 15-05-2014 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've swam most of my life, beginning at the age of 4. I swam with a club up until the age of 16/17. I never really competed and wasn't a revelation as far as racing goes but I learned great technique from a young age that stuck with me.

I'm 27 now and ever since I quit club training years ago I have tried to keep the swimming going one way or another. Recently I've been swimming 3 times a week at the least and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

However, one part of swimming that I never really mastered was the underwater dolphin kick after a turn or push off. I really would love to develop this aspect of my swimming. At the moment I'm all over the place with it technique wise and don't really make much distance at all.

Anyone got any solid development/training tips that could help me?

Cheers

Advertisement