Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding at clonabreany house Meath

Options
  • 15-05-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone has recently booked or been to clonabreany house
    Not many recent posts about it and would love to know how bargaining and day went
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Not our wedding, but attended recently as a guest. Wonderful atmosphere. The food was good, the marquee setup is very nice and the canapes were delicious. Only thing I would say is if guests are travelling from far and dinner isn't for ages, canapes aren't really enough. I was starving for a good few hours I'd say.
    Without google maps/sat nav it's also hard to find, so provide good directions to your guests. We were stuck behind a car who obviously didn't know where he was going and was stopping a lot to ask people for directions, so us and others behind us were going at a snail's pace, though we knew the way.
    The cottage rooms are lovely and I think everyone commented positively about them. They also provide a "taxi" from courtyard to the reception house, which is great in bad weather and for those on heels. The resident's bar stayed open til past 4 or 5 I think, after the reception room cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Very very pricey though and little room for haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Attended a wedding there. It was a lovely venue and the food was very nice. My only complaint was that the service was unbelievably slow. 4 hours from sitting to dinner to getting dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Had reception there in January. Biased obviously but service was excellent and all staff went above and beyond. It wasn't cheap but compared to some other venues of a similar style it was excellent value. I'd highly recommend it. If you need to know anymore PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

petejmk wrote: »
    Had reception there in January. Biased obviously but service was excellent and all staff went above and beyond. It wasn't cheap but compared to some other venues of a similar style it was excellent value. I'd highly recommend it. If you need to know anymore PM me!

I got prices off them 2 years ago and they were similar price to ballymacgarvey/rathsallagh/brookelodge etc. You used to pay a rental fee but they changed it to all inclusive packages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement