Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a debs dress online

Options
  • 15-05-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a debs dress online, just wondering has anyone any experiences/advice? Looking for recommendations on a reliable website :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

Hey,

I purchased a (what I expected to be) gorgeous dress from a site called missguided. I cannot "UNRECOMMEND" them enough. Firstly, the dress arrived and was damaged, torn and stained. From a design perspective, the sizing was totally off what I would expect (far bigger than the size usually would run). They then expected ME to pay for the return shipping. I should have learned eh? The second (and most definitely last) time I used the site, again the sizing was wrong (this time the opposite where a size 10 was I'd estimate a size 6 in reality!) and the quality was pure rubbish. In conclusion, avoid avoid avoid. The products look lovely, but I most certainly wouldn't use them for anything like a debs dress. (I should add, one of my friends used them and had a positive experience so maybe I'm just unlucky)

Honestly, I'd probably recommend doing some in-shop searching before going down the online route. I think unless you've bought dresses online before and are familiar with the website sizing etc. you're better to play it safe and at least familiarise yourself with what suits you. I got mine in Coast on sale, and it's a dress I can wear again for sure.

Advertisement