Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 4g

Options
  • 15-05-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Anyone know want 4g bands Vodafone work off of?

I have a Galaxy Note 3 from Korea (It's a slightly more advanced version I guess as it's an LTE-A version)

I got a 4g sim card + plan last week and haven't been able to get 4g on my phone I've apparently been activated by vodafone so just wondering if I'll be able to get 4g in this country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Ireland:
    Eircom (Meteor & eMobile): Band 20 (800Mhz) & 3 (1800Mhz)
    Three Ireland: Band 3 (1800Mhz)
    Vodafone: Band 20 (800Mhz)

South Korea (for reference only):
    KT: Band 8 (900Mhz) & 3 (1800Mhz)
    LG U+: Band 5 (850Mhz) & 1 (2100Mhz)
    SK Telecom: Band 5 (850Mhz) & 3 (1800Mhz)

As far as I'm aware the above is correct.

Is it this phone you have Samsung Galaxy Note3 Neo (SM-N7505)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Thanks for your help it's the SM900L. It was on the LG U+ Network so I guess I won't be availing of 4g...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Thanks for your help it's the SM900L. It was on the LG U+ Network so I guess I won't be availing of 4g...

I'm assuming the phone is unlocked so perhaps get a lend of other network sim cards to test those e.g. Eircom, Three, just to be sure.

I would be surprised if the phone is limited to such few frequencies.

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 (Three branded) and has support for all LTE bands worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Oh yeah it's fully unlocked. I have up to 3g on it.... but no 4g. I'll have a try of my friends three sim tomorrow and check it out...

Thanks

Advertisement