Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin irritation/Shaving

Options
  • 15-05-2014 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,
    I do get a bit of ittitation on just one side of my face post shaving. To get a close shave I would have normally sort of blow out if you know what I mean but think now that this close shave is not helping. Up to last week I used a Gillette Pro Glide but have now move to Gilette sinsetive and think its a bit better. Just wondering what razor people found better for sensitive skin or any good practices to share? What about a dry shave with an electric. What that be better?

Thanks in advance!
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Could be shaver or blade or soap but the lads on the shaving forum know their stuff.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1103

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't think it was the shave gel anyway. ProGlide always leaves my skin really soft, and i have problems with dry skin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I don't think it was the shave gel anyway. ProGlide always leaves my skin really soft, and i have problems with dry skin

Everyones skin is different. What works for one person will be a disaster for another. For example the Mach razors used to destroy my skin but the cheap disposables work a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Op is it possible that you're shaving against the grain on that part of your face?

Facial hair doesn't always just grow in the same direction. It could be as simple as changing the direction on that spot to fix the issue.

Although that would mean growing your beard out for a few days so you can see the growth pattern.

Advertisement