Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold/flu

Options
  • 15-05-2014 6:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone, not sure if i can ask this here so mods delete if not appropriate. I'm 8 weeks today and a head cold and sore throat is after coming on me since last night, is there anything safe to take for this or will i have to stick to home remedys such as hot water, lemon and honey, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hi everyone, not sure if i can ask this here so mods delete if not appropriate. I'm 8 weeks today and a head cold and sore throat is after coming on me since last night, is there anything safe to take for this or will i have to stick to home remedys such as hot water, lemon and honey, thanks

Paracetamol is safe. Other than that I'd say talk to a pharmacist as there seems to be mixed info on things like lemsip and strepsils. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I lived on hot lemon and honey during my last pregnancy. Unfortunately there's very little over the counter products you can take. I also put copious amounts of ginger and garlic into everything I cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Paracetemol is about it. Hot steamy showers can help clear the nose. I thought honey was off limits during pregnancy due to botulism risk, but boiling water ,ight kill that.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

The Neilmed Nasal rinses are great for clearing out the sinus and allowing you to breath again. Don't get me wrong, it's GROSS but very very effective :)

Advertisement