Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

army cadet online aptitude what type of questions

Options
  • 14-05-2014 11:03pm

I applied for the army cadet completion that is running at the minute. They say I will have to do a online aptitude test. does anybody know what kind of questions they will be? is there any books you would recommend to study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I've applied as well, if it's anything like the Gardai application process, they'll do numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and inductive reasoning tests.

Practice them here. http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

Got this in an email.
    Stage One of the 2014 Cadetship Competition is online Psychometric Testing. Candidates will be required to have internet access for a period of time between 22 - 31 May 2014 in order to complete this test. You will receive an e.mail from our Psychometric Testing Consultants Cut-e to provide you with access to the online test.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

I applied for the army cadet completion that is running at the minute. They say I will have to do a online aptitude test. does anybody know what kind of questions they will be? is there any books you would recommend to study?

Some people cheat by having a friend who's good at the tests do them. Just saying.

I assume you all got the email for the tests this morning. There's a practice link in the email, won't share it on here.
    Measurement of Verbal Reasoning (industry): This test measures ability to draw logical conclusions from complex verbal information presented in narrative form. The task is to indicate whether statements are true, false, or whether it is not possible to say, given the information provided. This test includes 49 questions and is timed for 12 minutes.

Measurement of Numerical Reasoning (industry): This test measures ability to draw logical conclusions from complex numerical information presented in tables and charts. The task is to indicate whether statements are true, false, or whether it is not possible to say, given the information provided. This test includes 37 questions and is timed for 12 minutes.

Discover Rules (logical reasoning): This test measures ability to discover logical rules. The task is to click on one object out of a sequence of objects, which does not fit the rule of the other objects. This test includes 20 questions and is timed for 5 minutes.

These tests should be completed in one sitting; therefore you are asked to set aside approximately 45 minutes to take the tests. This includes reading the instructions and completing the practice questions which are available before the timed part of each test commences. All of the tests require you to work both quickly and accurately. If you are not sure about a question, select your best choice or skip this question. Avoid guessing the answer. It is expected that not all candidates will finish all questions in the time allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

That discovery rules one is new, they did not have that last year it was just Verbal and Numerical.

Then we have to do it again supervised to prove it was us who did it in the first place.

Then they hit us with the a different type aptitude tests AGAIN at stage two in the Curragh over night supervised verbal and numerical.

Ah well, let the games begin.....again

Air corp has 10 tests.
    You will be asked to complete ten online ability tests (1-10 below), and one short online questionnaire (11 below). These will cover the following areas:

1. Measurement of multitasking capability

2. Measurement of spatial reasoning

3. Ability to concentrate

4. Measurement of perceptual speed

5. Measurement of logical reasoning (inductive)

6. Measurement of numeracy

7. Measurement of spatial orientation

8. Measurement of mechanical-technical understanding

9. Simple understanding of instructions

10. Measurement of logical thinking (deductive)

11. Integrity Questionnaire

If you choose to complete all the tests at the one sitting, you will need to set aside approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes to take all of the tests. This duration includes reading the instructions and completing the practice questions which are available before the timed part of each test commences. All of the tests require you to work both quickly and accurately. If you are not sure about a question, select your best choice or skip this question. Avoid guessing the answer. It is expected that not all competitors will finish all questions in the time allowed.

• Advertisement

10 online....Holy God!!

Do you have to do them all again under supervised conditions like the Army?

Smurf8 wrote: »
    10 online....Holy God!!

Do you have to do them all again under supervised conditions like the Army?

I would assume you do yes, wouldn't want the other corps from missing out on all the fun, now would they?

I didn't apply for the Navy, so if someone who did could post up what tests they do, i'd appreciate it :) Just curious.

Does it not state it in your email that there will be supervised tests following for the top performing candidates?
    Not sure about the Navy tests at all, only went for Army.

Smurf8 wrote: »
    Does it not state it in your email that there will be supervised tests following for the top performing candidates?
    Not sure about the Navy tests at all, only went for Army.

Yes
    Will the tests be supervised?

The initial online tests will be completed unsupervised. Successful competitors that are called forward to the next stage of the competition will be re-tested on several of the above tests under strictly supervised conditions. Regardless of your scores in the re-test, only your scores on the unsupervised test may count towards the competition. Significant discrepancies between a competitor’s results on the initial unsupervised tests and those on the supervised re-tests may result in his/her elimination from the competition. Please note that integrity and honesty are key values within the ethos of the Defence Forces and all members of the Defence Forces are expected to uphold these values at all times. As potential members of the Defence Forces, you too are expected to honour these values, both in how you approach this competition and by agreeing to abide by the laid down procedures and rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iond87

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience in the competition timeframes. Was hoping to book a holiday but I don't want to let it go if I paid for it. Any idea how long between each stage and when it all ends (just in case there's a miracle and I'm lucky enough to make it that far)

• Advertisement

iond87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience in the competition timeframes. Was hoping to book a holiday but I don't want to let it go if I paid for it. Any idea how long between each stage and when it all ends (just in case there's a miracle and I'm lucky enough to make it that far)

Well, online tests are next week, i imagine and hope that the resitting of these tests are in early june, then I assume the overnight assesment will be late june early july, probably interviews end of july/august and medical around then.

Just guessing though.

yeah that seems about right re-sits were the end of June last year then the over night happened the second week of July followed by interviews from the end of July onwards till mid August then Medicals last week in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Make sure you know what way to pass the port at dinner

Knowledge of FF politics

At least 2 scorelines from hurling all irelands in the past 5 years

The comportmant of an officer on his bicycle

That should get yous through

Advertisement