Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC4320 and Sabb external sounder

Options
  • 14-05-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was hoping i might get some help, I am trying to connect a Siemens SPC4320, a Sabb external sounder and a internal sounder.

The Siemens controller has COM, NO, BHO, IN-, IN+, EX- and EX+.
    The Internal sounder has Echo-, Echo+, and 2 Tamper connections.
    The External sounder has Strobe+, Strobe-, Tamper, SAB Hold (BHO),Ext bell+, Ext bell-.

I think the Echo on the intenral sounder is connected to the IN on the controller. According to the Siemens manual the NO is connected to the Strobe- with 12V is connected to Strobe+ and COM connected to GND. According to the Sabb manual the strobe+ and - is connected to the IN+ and IN- connections on the controller. Dont know which is right.

Also can i just series the tamper connection on the internal sounder with the tamper on the external bell with the 2k2 resistor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Connect as Follows

Bell + to External +
    Bell - to External -
    Strobe + to Int +
    Strobe - to NO with C linked to Aux -
    BHO to BHO
    TR to TR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Also can i just series the tamper connection on the internal sounder with the tamper on the external bell with the 2k2 resistor?

Yes, just run it in series with the tamper return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chiefbobcat

Thanks for the hasty response. However there is no Aux- on the control panel. I guess it is the 0V from the 12V power supply rather than the GND connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks for the hasty response. However there is no Aux- on the control panel. I guess it is the 0V from the 12V power supply rather than the GND connection.

Yes that is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, it is the 12V negative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement