Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About A Boy [NBC]

Options
  • 14-05-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

With the end of the broadcast year in the US comes the realisation you can now invest some time and watch a show you know has been renewed..

.. so comedies seem thin enough on the ground so gave 'About A Boy' a try.

It ended last night in the US and am watching the last 2 episodes currently, and it was a damn decent season.

David Walton (Will) and Benjamin Stockham (Marcus) are both great and have excellent chemistry, and Minnie Driver is well... OK. She's not unfunny, just a tad irritating. It was written by Jason Katims - creator of Parenthood and Friday Night Lights - so you know you're in good hands.

Anyways, well worth a look.. not amazing but entertaining nonetheless - and it's a nice 13 episode first season you could get through in a few hours binging.

PS - 'Fargo'? 'About A Boy'? 'Sleepy Hollow'? Who'd have thought so many TV shows created from movies would be an enjoyable as they are..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I really enjoyed this too, it's a bit tame and unsurprising but somehow it works very nicely. It's amazing how many family comedies have got it wrong this year but this one is a standout of the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The chemistry between the two leads does help hugely I think.. they really are excellent together!

The final episode of the season was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,886 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finally a second series of a show that David Walton is lead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watched this on Sky and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Interested to see where season 2 goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Finally a second series of a show that David Walton is lead

Yeah, I liked Bent :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Decent show, will certainly catch season 2. Better than a lot of the tripe out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I just noticed that in About a Boy the character Crosy from Parenthood turned up for a poker game in Wills house with his baby from Parenthood.
    Tonight in an ep of Parenthood Will from AAB turned up to play poker with the Parenthood characters.
    Seems that Jason Katims who made Parenthood and Froday Night Lights makes About A Boy too.

Season 2 starts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 2 starts tonight

Stateside I presume. Didn't it start a lot later last year or was Sky just really late broadcasting it?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Stateside I presume. Didn't it start a lot later last year or was Sky just really late broadcasting it?

Yes on NBC not sure when Season 2 will start on Sky 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement