Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc. Applied psychology University of Ulster Accommodation

Options
  • 14-05-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey Guys,
    I've just been offered a place on the MSc Applied Psychology at the University of Ulster Magee, Has anyone got any tips as to suitable accommodation for postgrads? Also any info in the course in general would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Capricorn09

OP did you get your accommodation sorted? I did this course last year, I think the format has changed so not sure what days you will need to stay up there. Are you planning on moving or commuting to Derry? I live in Dublin but stayed one or two nights in Derry every week. I stayed in a B&B which offered me a good student rate, and there were other people in Dublin who stayed in hostels. I'm not sure if I can post names on the thread but if you can PM me I can provide you with the details of where I stayed and give you the name of the hostel where two other girls on the course stayed. Best of luck with the course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stenbot

Hi,
    I've been offered this course too. Hoping to commute from sligo and stay 1/2 nights a week. So if you could give me those details of b&bs too, I'd really appreciate it. And any other info would be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sull1091

Hi Guys,
    I have also been offered this masters along with the applied one in Cork! I am so confused about which one to choose!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Hi Sull,
    Have you decided yet? It's a tough one. Well done to you getting accepted to both. Well UU are hoping to get accreditation from BPS this year so that was a big factor for me. Regarding location, are they both accessible for you? What about the emphasis of both the courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daeriamj

Hi everyone, I'll be starting the masters in September too and was wondering if anyone had any info on house hunting/post grad areas. I've been having quick looks online for the past few months but it's definitely time to look into accommodation properly! Really looking forward to starting the course now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rachblondie1

Hi guys!

I'm doing the course too, going to be travelling from Ballynahinch which is about 20 minutes from Belfast, where are you all travelling from? Anyone local?

Rachel xx

Hi Rachel,
    I'm coming from Sligo so I'm hoping at the min to just stay one night a week in Derry. But i haven't organised anything yet. I should probably get on that.
    To the others looking to sort accommodation, have ye got anything yet?
    It's getting close now!!!
    Caithlin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 graceb29

Hi Rachel,

I'm doing the course too. I'm from Donegal, only live about 15 minutes from Derry, so I'm quite close to the university. I'm really looking forward to starting the course

Grace

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Psych1988

I know right, not long now.. Is anybody going to the PWP interviews on monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olearc22

Hi guys,

I've just applied for the MSc. Applied Psych. University of Ulster and wondering what your opinions of the course have been so far? And what did ye end up doing for accommodation? If I get accepted, I'm thinking of commuting from Meath. Would love to hear your experiences!

Caoimhe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nsam82

Hi Caoimhe, I have just applied to this masters. Have you heard anything back. Noelle

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rois15

Hi guys, have just been accepted for the MSc Applied Psych in Magee, interested in hearing about others experience with the course? Would also be commuting from Monaghan area
    Decisions Decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 treasa11

I have been offered places in both queens and magee this year for the clinical psychology masters, I'd love any advice in relation to either of these courses. My head is in a muddle at the minute. I know the on in queens is 80% funded so a cheaper option but then id have to volunteer two days per week so that would mean that i wouldn't be able to work on those days which would lose me a lot of pay though i realise the experience as an AP would be invaluable!
    Im living in Donegal so Derry makes more sense from a practical point of view but there is a lot to consider! Please shed any light u have my way

Advertisement