Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moment you...

Options
  • 14-05-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Terri Kiernan

Be brave and embrace your news and who knows what awaits you your sister may not know about you I do hope your journey brings you great joy
    All the best
    Terri

• Registered Users Posts: 1 summertyhme

Hi Phoenix, I can relate, I found out I too have a sister (younger) who was given up for adoption in 1985. I am starting the process to find her. I need my bm permission to do so and as yet have not got that...

good luck

Hi Summertime
    why do you need permission to search for your sister I would have thought this is something you can do as a sibling surely you must have the right, what if everyone was dead then what?
    I hope this is not the case, but I do think in this day and age we have moved past the darkened cloak of deceit that had us all held in darkness about each other for far too long.
    Hope you find her
    Terri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

I listened to Ray Darcy who had 3 people on this week - all adopted. One lad had 2 half sisters and 4 full siblings! Lucky for him all has worked out. His birth parents married so they are all together. If you have any details regarding your sibling - name/date of birth - then there may be ways of tracing her. Have a look at the tracing guide for siblings and see if there is anything in that which might be of use. You may even find she is looking for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement

I'm very happy for you best wishes for you both hope you enjoy the meeting just be yourself
    Cheers
    Terri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Phoenix that's fantastic. Praying for a similar outcome for Dh though I don't know how he would feel. It's all so strange and new even making the decision to search (you would think it was me who was tracing - think Dh thinks I am way too emotional about the whole process, while he is so calm at the moment) . I know he wants her to know he has no resentment and he hopes she feels no guilt. Maybe if you feel the same it's something you can relay to your bm. How long did the process take from when you started your trace?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is great news:) I hope it goes really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

Wow, that's fantastic, please keep us all posted as to how you get on.

Best of Luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The very best of good luck to you- its lovely to hear stories where things work out. Thinking of you- hope it all goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭purelike

Hi Pheonix,

Best of look in meeting with your BM!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Advertisement