Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendronach whisky

Options
  • 14-05-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tried it?

Picked up a bottle of their 15 year old in the Celtic Whiskey shop on saturday, and have to say its one of the best single malts i've had, and at only 60e it represents super value.

Couldnt recommend it highly enough to anyone that wanted to try something new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

GlenDronach is a great distillery, especially if you like sherried whisky. The do single cask series which can be great. Glenglaussagh and BenRiach are owned by the same people and are also highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Yeah, fully agree. Their standard 12 & 15 yo are fantastic quality whiskies for the price point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yep, very nice, bought a bottle of the sherry finish(I think) on a recommendation from the Celticwhiskeyshop also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I actually went out yesterday and picked up a crystal whiskey decanter/glasses set just for this whiskey.
    I love the colour of it, how a whiskey should look, deep mahogany.

Have it displayed proudly in my sitting room :) (like a real knob) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yep, very nice, bought a bottle of the sherry finish(I think) on a recommendation from the Celticwhiskeyshop also.

Just about everything I've ever seen from GlenDronach is sherry matured. Not sure if they finish anything in sherry, as it goes into sherry casks from day one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement