Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy a (new) PS3 on the cheap

Options
  • 14-05-2014 2:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

I'm pretty surprised to see that the PS3 is retailing for over 200 quid. I have an old fat ps3 that I use to connect to my Plex server via DLNA but the fans have started whirring to bejaysus so I thought I'd go and buy a new one. A 12gb slim version is 225€ in Argos. After a bad experience buying an xbox via adverts I'd be reluctant to go second hand on a console again.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm pretty surprised to see that the PS3 is retailing for over 200 quid. I have an old fat ps3 that I use to connect to my Plex server via DLNA but the fans have started whirring to bejaysus so I thought I'd go and buy a new one. A 12gb slim version is 225€ in Argos. After a bad experience buying an xbox via adverts I'd be reluctant to go second hand on a console again.

Any advice?

Always check amazon, they always do some nice deals and bundles.
    Did you tried giving your ps3 a good clean? If fans go loud, then most likely you got a bunch of dust closing the whole system. Clean it uo and it will be grand again.
    If you got original 60gb ps3, then I would not be so hasty to scrap it. Those original ones are still better machines then new slim ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 trainslaughing

I did open it and clean it out. I haven't replaced any thermal paste as yet. I'll probably try that next. It is very old - it's a 40gb Fattie from about 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did open it and clean it out. I haven't replaced any thermal paste as yet. I'll probably try that next. It is very old - it's a 40gb Fattie from about 2007.

Ah, 40gb is not worth the hassle so m8, you can still try to get it sorted if you feel adventures. Getting slim version would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

picked up a 12gb from havery normans for 158 the other day after my launch ps3 finally ylod... it was a sad day to say good bye to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Little cousin is getting a PS3, anyone see good deals/bundles anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone spot any good deals about? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 trainslaughing

unfortunately not yet!

Advertisement