Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Rush Discovery Tuesdays 9pm

Options
  • 14-05-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching the new series?

Hoffman's have moved to Guyana while Parker and the Dakota Boys have stayed in the Klondike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I used to like watching it, can't bear it now. Too fake, the Hoffman crew are morons. Tony Beets is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

In fairness the Tony Beets and Parker Schnabel crews seem to be the real deal.
    The Hoffman crew are a joke. I used to respect Dave Turin but even he is getting on my nerves now and seems to have Todditus. If he had any self respect he wouldn't be engaging with the Hoffmans.
    What really got to me was on Tuesdays episode this week they had the whole extended families around the campfire for the weigh in/gold reveal. It seems like a holiday camp up there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

It returns to Discovery on Oct 20 at 21:00 !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The state its been in recent series feck knows how bad its going to be this time round, just gets faker and faker every round...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Todd Hoffman still making basic errors and blaming everything and everyone but himself. Such a buck passer...

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    The state its been in recent series feck knows how bad its going to be this time round, just gets faker and faker every round...
    I take that back it has been very entertaining couple of episodes so far, love the focus on that big dredge and Tony instead of Todd, hope they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what is everybody thinking so far.

supposedly half way through season

talks of parker and todd getting more wash plants. I don't see why parker doesn't buy one ,
    where is todds trammel they brought to Guyana. they had that last year. surely that could bump up the yardage

I got bored and stopped watching around ep 4 or 5, will plough through them before I go back to work.

I think it makes for a more exciting series when they're breaking virgin ground and see whats there, its a bit boring watching them work at existing operations, the fake "shut her down! shut her down!" emergencies every 10 minutes dont help either...

something that annoys me is that when ever the wash plant breaks or jambs up the whole place stops . surely they should stockpile pay. ,
    if the plant is down for a day then do your clean up that day if worth while. I often see them stop running pay for a day or 2 then two days later have to do a clean up.

why don't these wash plants come with 2 sets of sluices , instead of shutting down for the day just switch to the other sluices. they are probably losing 15 days sluicing , that's 2 weeks or over 400 ounces of gold to todd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just read this morning that Parker's grandfather John has passed away in his sleep at home, he is a massive loss to the show and most of all to his family.
    An absolute gentleman and was still full of life at 96. John Schnabel RIP.

• Advertisement

what a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

only started watching the show recently. seems interesting enough. fairly relateable to the quarry we have.. except for the revenue:p.. i must start from season 1 and work my way up along

Advertisement