Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruiter/CV

Options
  • 14-05-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I applied for job through recruiter. He told me the company and asked me if he could forward my CV which i said i wasn't interested. I have since had a think about it and have decided to apply anyway. Can i now go and send my CV direct to the company. Does the recruiter have any come back/legal issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

Hard to say really - not sure you're going to get a definitive answer.

A - You didn't know the company details until the recruiter (agency) told you - therefore you should apply via the recruiter.

B - Who cares? Apply direct and the recruiter will be none the wiser

C - Why not go back to the recruiter and say you've changed you mind?

Occasionally, a company will ONLY accept CV's via the recruiter - is the job listed on the company web-site?

Personally, I'd go with C - and if that doesn't work, I'd apply to the company directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Barrell

The job is also listed on the company website, it could increase my salary if the company didn't have to pay the recruiters fee. If i were to get the job could the recruiter do anything? Or is it easier to go recruiter route and keep it above board?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Barrell wrote: »
    The job is also listed on the company website, it could increase my salary if the company didn't have to pay the recruiters fee. If i were to get the job could the recruiter do anything? Or is it easier to go recruiter route and keep it above board?

I'd go through the recruiter.

By having them put you forward, your CV is probably likely to get a little more attention.

If they're halfway decent, they might be able to give you a bit of insight to the role and the company which could help in the interview.

The odds are that they'll be better at negotiating the salary. I also used to think that no commission means more budget for salary, as it makes sense from a numbers point of view, but that's not how it works.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Barrell wrote: »
    The job is also listed on the company website, it could increase my salary if the company didn't have to pay the recruiters fee.

I would doubt it will make any difference what so ever, because the salary budget and the recruiting budget are two different things and usually the responsibility of two different people, so there is unlikely to be any overlap where money in one budget can be transferred to the other. And on top of that the agency fee is once of where as your higher salary is a permanent thing...

Advertisement