Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 gets noisy fast with Infamous Second Son

Options
  • 14-05-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else seeing this?

After playing for say 30 min to an hour the fan really kicks in and gets very noisy.
    I guess I am a bit paranoid as it was the first Infamous that caused my phat PS3 to go belly up.

Just want to make sure I don't repeat history here.
    Have it stored in one of those IKEA TV cabinets with the shelf over the TV - possibly not enough air flowing around it but nowhere else to really put it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Taltos wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing this?

After playing for say 30 min to an hour the fan really kicks in and gets very noisy.
    I guess I am a bit paranoid as it was the first Infamous that caused my phat PS3 to go belly up.

Just want to make sure I don't repeat history here.
    Have it stored in one of those IKEA TV cabinets with the shelf over the TV - possibly not enough air flowing around it but nowhere else to really put it.

Haven't seen this too be honest, and if anything my ps4 is in a terrible location (but needs must or the kids will try to feed it sandwiches again)

Will check again later though and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I have my PS4 in an ikea cabinet unit(Similar to this) but I had to increase the size of the ventilation hole in the back to quieten it down.
    The ventilation hole is now exactly the dimensions of the back of the PS4 and I dont hear the fans anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Simple suggestion try moving the playstation to somewhere better ventilated and see does it still do it.

Honestly though ventilation is badly needed and if it's anyway enclosed it's going to suck back in the hot air it just blew out and it will over heat. Kind of like using the recirculating button on you car.
    Apparently standing the console in its upright position provided slightly better ventilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Cheers all, especially heebusjeebus - that is very similar to what I have. Will try to move it and see if it happens elsewhere.

Fingers crossed.

Advertisement