Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless repeater using Eircom D1000 to extend F1000

Options
  • 13-05-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have 2 Eircom routers. 1 is the F1000 which I got recently and the other is a D1000 which I'm trying to set up to repeat the signal from the F1000 as the signal strength is very poor at the back of the house.
    So far I have set the SSID and wireless password to the same values on both.
    I have set the D1000 with an IP of 192.168.1.253.
    I have added the mac address from the D1000 into the WDS screen in the F1000 and vice versa and I have set the security mode to WPA2-PSK with AES on both
    I have set both to use the same channel 4.
    I have disabled the DHCP in the D1000.
    When I plug the D1000 in I can see it from the computer in the back and log into it but it won't repeat the signal from the F1000
    Any tips on what I might be doing wrong here or what else I still need to do to get this to work?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

Hey I have a spare one of these and I want to do the same as you (but wirelessly) I was able to do it manually using an ethernet cable plugged in to the D1000, but I can't figure out how to do it wirelessly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kayner

I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION, I HAVE THE F2000 MODEM AND I WANT TO USE THE D1000 AS AN EXTENDER, CAN ANY ONE HELP

Advertisement