Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping Appeals and processes

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

While attending a walk in medical centre in a suburb in Cork City with a sick child, we parked in an official parking spot and had our parking ticket displayed. Bearing in mind that this was after 7pm in the evening and dark in a poorly lit area. When I left the medical centre 45 minutes later, my car was clamped.

The clamping company proceeded to charge me €165 to un-clamp the car at 8pm while I had 2 young toddlers with me. The employee who un-clamped my car had no interest in seeing my ticket, only to hand me an appeals form.

I have appealed this decision with evidence of my parking ticket and medical receipts to the clinic. However the clamping company have flatly refused my appeal and directed me to IPAS (Independent Parking Appeals Service) who then charge an additional €20 for this secondary appeal.

Their website appears quite unofficial and very Vague on what warrants a successful appeal.

Has anyone gone through this process and how did they find it?

Comments

Advertisement