Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child benefit - additional form HRC1 really required?

Options
  • 13-05-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

hi

so me and my wife became parents 3 weeks ago. we now received the papers for the child benefit. fair enough.

however, my wife is not an irish national (me neither, anyway). the form says at the very end that non-nationals have to fill out another additional form, form HRC1.

this is a freaking 20 letter form! its just inconvenient, so the maybe stupid question: do we really have to print and fill it out too? they are also asking for some original documents.

also, the original form we got says we can write "freepost" on it and it will be posted for free. does that also count for a thick filled a4-envelope that we would use when we also fill out form HRC1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

murfilein wrote: »
    hi

so me and my wife became parents 3 weeks ago. we now received the papers for the child benefit. fair enough.

however, my wife is not an irish national (me neither, anyway). the form says at the very end that non-nationals have to fill out another additional form, form HRC1.

this is a freaking 20 letter form! its just inconvenient, so the maybe stupid question: do we really have to print and fill it out too? they are also asking for some original documents.

also, the original form we got says we can write "freepost" on it and it will be posted for free. does that also count for a thick filled a4-envelope that we would use when we also fill out form HRC1?
    Yes you do. I am an Irish National that returned from abroad a few years ago and had go fill that form out many times. You have to be considered as ordinarily resident in Ireland in order to receive benefits. Also if it says freepost just put freepost on the envelope and you will be fine.

Congrats on the baby by the way:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Well done on your new baby! Are you working OP or getting Jobseekers Benefit? Fill up everything and send everything

they require. Yes you can mark even a big thick envelope FREEPOST

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

Congrats on the baby by the way:)

thank you :D
    mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Well done on your new baby! Are you working OP or getting Jobseekers Benefit? Fill up everything and send everything

they require. Yes you can mark even a big thick envelope FREEPOST

i'm working full time, rvrt since moved to ireland.
    any oh boy, this is going to be a thick envelope xD

murfilein wrote: »
    thank you :D

i'm working full time, rvrt since moved to ireland.
    any oh boy, this is going to be a thick envelope xD

They always are:D This country has more red tape then anywhere else I have lived. Anyway it's only a one time thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

They always are:D This country has more red tape then anywhere else I have lived. Anyway it's only a one time thing.

good to know, now i'm not worried as much anymore. i thought i'd look crazy if i submit such a thick envelope.

and btw, i goofed in my post. with "rvrt" i meant "ever" and with "any oh boy" i meant "and oh boy" xD

its funny to see hoch much more mistakes i make in "casual" typing now that i'm earning money by typing with customers, where i barely make any mistakes typing.

Advertisement