Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S5 WiFi issue

Options
  • 13-05-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I just got a new S5 but can't connect to my router. I found on the internet that might be due to my router having a 7 digit password - anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Peppa wrote: »
    I just got a new S5 but can't connect to my router. I found on the internet that might be due to my router having a 7 digit password - anyone any ideas?

You don't know the password to your own router? It's usually written on it? Is the s5 not prompting you for a password?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Peppa

First off bear with me I am not tech savvy and this is my first smartphone:o

I have the password for my router - its a 7 digit password.

I read somewhere on the internet that it might be (with no fix) because its a 7 digit password and 8 digit is needed.

When I type an extra digit like a space the connect button is no longer grayed out but when I leave it at 7 digits its grayed out. Does that make sense :confused:

Ya it does make sense, i just selected the neighbors wifi and connect stays grey until the eight digit alright. Can you change your router password maybe?

I will probably have to start a new thread for that :eek:

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks for that :D

Advertisement