Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digi Dialler

Options
  • 13-05-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, I have a securewatch 8/12 with a digidialler. Everything is working perfect except for the fact that when my alarm calls or texts me my DSL goes off. I know in most cases this would not be a problem, however when my alarm goes I want to be able to check my IP CCTV cameras so obviously need my DSL to stay on. Can anyone tell me what I need.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Odellius wrote: »
    Hi, I have a securewatch 8/12 with a digidialler. Everything is working perfect except for the fact that when my alarm calls or texts me my DSL goes off. I know in most cases this would not be a problem, however when my alarm goes I want to be able to check my IP CCTV cameras so obviously need my DSL to stay on. Can anyone tell me what I need.

Thanks

You will need a alarm filter installed. This is what I would use but there are many different types available.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd7ito4UnqEDDYQcs_X4GeZQDaq2JTLJVvus2uWa3bYKWhWUq7

What is does is split up the DSL and phone line to give you always on broadband even when your line is in use by the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Odellius

That's just what I am looking for but have not found any online, do you know where I could get one and roughly how much they are?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Odellius wrote: »
    That's just what I am looking for but have not found any online, do you know where I could get one and roughly how much they are?

Thanks

About €30-€40.

Northwood have them in stock. Here is a link to the suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

You should also have got a couple provided to you with your dsl router from your broadband provider. If you ask nicely they might send another. They wont have the screw terminals like the link above. Either a splitter type like the image below or just a filter with one socket would be fine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ec/DSL_Filter.jpg/252px-DSL_Filter.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

ozmo wrote: »
    You should also have got a couple provided to you with your dsl router from your broadband provider. If you ask nicely they might send another. They wont have the screw terminals like the link above. Either a splitter type like the image below or just a filter with one socket would be fine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ec/DSL_Filter.jpg/252px-DSL_Filter.jpg

Granted that is the cheap route but I would recommend the professional one as above

• Advertisement
Advertisement