Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Hume Lecture Theatre 1

Options
  • 13-05-2014 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, My daughter has an awards ceremony in the John Hume Lecture Theatre 1. I can't find directions to it anywhere other than to the college in general. Could someone be so kind as to give me driving directions from the railway station. I'm coming from Newbridge and know the where the station is.
    I've to park in either car park 1,9 or 11.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Parking on campus is _mental_, so your best bet is probably to park at the station itself. The campus is super close.

Right outside the station there's a small, rickety-looking footbridge. Cross that and go left coming down it.

Arrive at pedestrian lights (Garda "station" / house on the left) and turn left at them towards the gates to the South Campus Entrance.

Go into South Campus and continue straight through one of the arches. Once through, walk to the end of the garden and turn right towards the Library.

You'll pass the Library on your left; keep straight and cross the road. Once across, just keep going straight and you'll arrive at John Hume.

IIKme8d.png

It's a _really_ short walking journey:

Well done to your daughter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

banquo's instructions are good, but if it's an evening award ceremony, then there'll be no issue parking on campus. The place dies down massively by 6 every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Actually, that's true. It's a ghost town after 6 - especially at this time of year.

Long car park on North Campus may be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

'Cos its exam season and out of term time parking is actually grand !

Parking restrictions have also ceased for the 13/14 academic year so you can park where you like (within reason of course :P )

From the train station , keep driving into the town. When you get to the town centre turn left at the traffic lights (where theres a load of weird looking/oddly placed arches on a square) then drive for approx 250m to the next set of traffic lights. Turn right at these traffic lights then drive past the shopping centre and turn left at the traffic lights beside the church. After this keep driving for approx 500m until you get to a roundabout. Take the 3rd exit on the roundabout and now you're in the college congratulations !

Theres a one way system in place so you'll need to drive the whole way around to get to the right side for most convenient car parks.

Here's a map of the college parking : http://campusservices.nuim.ie/traffic/northcampusparking.pdf7

The hume building is the one almost bang in the centre across from the arts building and beside the Iontas building

See map here : https://www.nuim.ie/sites/default/files/NorthCampus.jpg

Best place to park would be the car park highlighted in lilac at the bottom of the map (its the car park that backs onto the two schools and boys school astro turf)

From there cross the road from the car park ( beside where the zebra crossing is at the top of the car park) and you should see a security barrier , walk past this and keep continuing straight until you get to a building thats orange and green. This is John Hume.

Theres a slideshow at the bottom of this page with pictures of JH : http://nuimaccess.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/campus-guide-john-hume/

If you park in the lilac car park shown on the map then you'll almost definately come in through the back of the building.

The picture that shows the back of a building thats orange and green is the back of JH. If you go through the automatic doors at the back and turn immediately to the right before the stairs thats JH1 !

Alternatively if you come in the front (also shown in the slideshow/ the grey building ) then JH1 is Straight ahead of you , past the stairs and opposite to londis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thanks very much folks. Ye've been a great help.

• Advertisement

The eagle has landed. Once I found the campus they had signposts and helpers out to direct people.

ken wrote: »
    The eagle has landed. Once I found the campus they had signposts and helpers out to direct people.

Poor souls in the rain ! Glad you made it though :)

aaabbbb wrote:
    Poor souls in the rain ! Glad you made it though 

Your directions were spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Anyone know how far away river apartments are from the stuff on campus? Like lectures, gym, all that craic? I've been told they're in the middle of no where!

Anyone know how far away river apartments are from the stuff on campus? Like lectures, gym, all that craic? I've been told they're in the middle of no where!

Like 3 mins , 5 if youre a slow walker :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I dint think the middle of nowhere is even possible in Maynooth.

To get from Village to the library takes me about 7 minutes so the longest walk you'd have would be like 10/15 minutes to the end of South campus. Who ever told you that is making stuff up.

Advertisement