Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress advise please...

Options
  • 13-05-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello, we are expecting our first bundle of joy and I was just wondering what the best mattresses for cot bed and Moses basket are. i am thinking either the health guard one from baby elegance or the clevamama mattress. If anybody has any experience with these or any other recommendations/advise I would be really greatfull, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dreamer21 wrote: »
    Hello, we are expecting our first bundle of joy and I was just wondering what the best mattresses for cot bed and Moses basket are. i am thinking either the health guard one from baby elegance or the clevamama mattress. If anybody has any experience with these or any other recommendations/advise I would be really greatfull, thank you.

My babs only spent a few weeks in his Moses basket. I ended up just getting the cheapest baby elegance one €15 which is what I would recommend if you have a biggish baby! I know it sounds a bit stupid but Moses baskets are all different sizes so the baby elegance one or clevamamma might not fit! Baby elegance was the only brand that would fit my basket. I also found they are the thickest mattresses at 5cm. Baby elegance do custom made health guard ones for €40/€50 for a Moses basket mattress if you have an odd size! After lots of research I got him a pocket sprung mattress for his cot bed. Supposedly it is not the same as a "normal" sprung mattress. I did look at the baby elegance pocket sprung but found a different one on amazon that had more springs! Littlewoods have a good pocket sprung one too. I used the mamas and papas one as a starting point but found their mattresses are not standard sizes and all of the other pocket sprung mattresses mentioned above had more springs!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Dreamer21

Millem wrote: »
    My babs only spent a few weeks in his Moses basket. I ended up just getting the cheapest baby elegance one €15 which is what I would recommend if you have a biggish baby! I know it sounds a bit stupid but Moses baskets are all different sizes so the baby elegance one or clevamamma might not fit! Baby elegance was the only brand that would fit my basket. I also found they are the thickest mattresses at 5cm. Baby elegance do custom made health guard ones for €40/€50 for a Moses basket mattress if you have an odd size! After lots of research I got him a pocket sprung mattress for his cot bed. Supposedly it is not the same as a "normal" sprung mattress. I did look at the baby elegance pocket sprung but found a different one on amazon that had more springs! Littlewoods have a good pocket sprung one too. I used the mamas and papas one as a starting point but found their mattresses are not standard sizes and all of the other pocket sprung mattresses mentioned above had more springs!

Thanks, there are so many different ones, it's overwhelming researching them all. I will have a look at the ones you mentioned. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dreamer21 wrote: »
    Thanks, there are so many different ones, it's overwhelming researching them all. I will have a look at the ones you mentioned. Thanks again :)

Tell me about it! There is. No point at looking at Moses basket mattresses until you know the dimensions of your one! The standard cot bed is 140 cm x 70cm and standard cot is 120cm x 60cm. I would look for the depth of 10cm too on the mattress for a cot bed or cot.

Advertisement