Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Joyce 12 March 1967

Options
  • 13-05-2014 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Born March 12 1967, to you Kathleen in a private nursing home on Baggot st Dublin, then moved to somewhere on the Navan road to be look after as we were both ill.

You called me David Joyce and I know you did everything right by me.
    I know you had Paul confirm he was my birth father, to make me available for adoption.
    You were strong Kathleen, I know you gave up a lot, more than most people could understand, and there must have been pain.

I wanted you to know I'm out here having an amazing life that you gave me, my mum and dad were amazing and took great care of me, helped me become the person I am today.

I would love to sit and have a coffee with you, talk or not talk, just a connection to close a long story.

Love , David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Terri Kiernan

Hello David
    Can I just say thank you for your heart felt honesty and understanding and above all your unconditional love it brought tears to my eyes. I am a mother brokenhearted never got over our loss now I see the loss may only be mine and my beautiful son Niall John Kiernan born on Monday 15th October 1973 has had a good life I really hope so he goes by another name and will not read my letters but perhaps he's so content he does not want it need to know me
    All the best
    Terri

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

Hi David,

What a truly inspirational guy you are, your parents should be so so proud of you. Nice to hear the empathy you have towards your birth mother and the understanding and gratitude.

Have you tried tracing your birth mother?

My mother is tracing her adopted son at the moment, I really hope he is as open, understanding and non-judgmental as you are.

It's interesting to hear an adopted child's perspective and especially in such a heart felt way.

Best of Luck!!!

Advertisement