Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into college

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm trying to find out is there any way you can get in to college with a not so good leaving cert. I done and passed in ordinary subjects and 2 foundation subjects (Irish & maths). I don't qualify as a mature student as I am 21. Would appreciate any help or advice thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Niamh0000 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find out is there any way you can get in to college with a not so good leaving cert. I done and passed in ordinary subjects and 2 foundation subjects (Irish & maths). I don't qualify as a mature student as I am 21. Would appreciate any help or advice thanks :)

Have you completed or looked into any plc/fetac/fás courses that you're intersted in? Completing one of these courses and applying as a mature student would be your best bet. Make sure to do the research behind your course and what options it will open up for you. I got caught thinking I could get into other courses with a 2 year course I completed as it turns out it didn't corospond module wise with the other course I wanted to do. What areas would you be interested in?

Advertisement