Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Things to do in/near Gdansk (after Open'er)

• 12-05-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ murball

So me and a few mater are heading to Open'er festival in Gdynia this July.
    We aren't sure what to do with the rest of our time - we have another 6 free days. Has anybody got any advice on cool things to see/do around the Gdansk area?
    Any experience of what the nightlife is like around there?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Go to Sopot for nightlife - just down the coast, back towards Gdansk.
    http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/sopot/bars-pubs-clubs
    Malbork Castle, Stutthof concentration camp are some more 'sensible' activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 only1kilbane

Gdansk is a lovely city with lots to see and great boat cruises from going regularly from centre of town. Sopot just up the coast has great beaches and good nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭ happyoutscan

+1 on a visit to Stutthof Concentration camp. It's about 35km away but you can book a taxi to bring you there and back for cheap enough (taxi will wait at camp for you at the camp). Very interesting yet a humbling experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ murball

Thanks for the advice guys. I suppose we are looking to do a mix of cultural stuff and partying!! Would you say Sopot is the place to stay in terms of bars/clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭ happyoutscan

murball wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys. I suppose we are looking to do a mix of cultural stuff and partying!! Would you say Sopot is the place to stay in terms of bars/clubs?

Most definitely. Can't recommend any specific hotel etc as I was staying with friends but Sopot is where its at in the evening. Mind you it wasn't mental crazy either, although it was March when I visited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ Dick Turnip

Most definitely. Can't recommend any specific hotel etc as I was staying with friends but Sopot is where its at in the evening. Mind you it wasn't mental crazy either, although it was March when I visited.

It was definitely mental crazy in June 2012 when I was there!

Advertisement