Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you have done ?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

T his is kind off a long story but the more I think of it the madder I get but its to late to do much about it now anyway. I was diagnosed with a neurological illness in 2002 and this last few years if I have to go on a long journey I usually bring my wheelchair. A dew months go I had an early appointment in a Dublin hospital so myself and my husband decided we would go the night before and book into a hotel. We rang the hotel a month or so beforehand to explain my disability they advised us there were four or five steps into the building and we said grand I would manage that. On arriving at the hotel the young man on reception could'nt have been nicer and informed me that I could have breakfast in my room I said great. The next morning my husband went to reception to inquire about breakfast. The lovely girl on reception told him to make his way to the breakfast room(which was at the bottom of a narrow flight of stairs) and he would be sorted out. He explained the situation to the girl there. Sorry she said your wife can have breakfast in her room but you must have breakfast here Sorry he said but I would prefer to have breakfast with my wife. To cut a long story short she arrived to the room with the two breakfasts and when she saw me sitting there (we had parked the wheelchair in the ensuite as the room was small) she compleatly lost the head. You tell me your wife is sick there is nothing wrong with your wife look at her sitting there there is nothing wrong with her She slammed down the breakfasts and barged out. My husband followed and said excuse me please a few times but she stormed on and refused to leave the kitchen to explain herself It was the managers day off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

lila1 wrote: »
    T his is kind off a long story but the more I think of it the madder I get but its to late to do much about it now anyway. I was diagnosed with a neurological illness in 2002 and this last few years if I have to go on a long journey I usually bring my wheelchair. A dew months go I had an early appointment in a Dublin hospital so myself and my husband decided we would go the night before and book into a hotel. We rang the hotel a month or so beforehand to explain my disability they advised us there were four or five steps into the building and we said grand I would manage that. On arriving at the hotel the young man on reception could'nt have been nicer and informed me that I could have breakfast in my room I said great. The next morning my husband went to reception to inquire about breakfast. The lovely girl on reception told him to make his way to the breakfast room(which was at the bottom of a narrow flight of stairs) and he would be sorted out. He explained the situation to the girl there. Sorry she said your wife can have breakfast in her room but you must have breakfast here Sorry he said but I would prefer to have breakfast with my wife. To cut a long story short she arrived to the room with the two breakfasts and when she saw me sitting there (we had parked the wheelchair in the ensuite as the room was small) she compleatly lost the head. You tell me your wife is sick there is nothing wrong with your wife look at her sitting there there is nothing wrong with her She slammed down the breakfasts and barged out. My husband followed and said excuse me please a few times but she stormed on and refused to leave the kitchen to explain herself It was the managers day off.

I would send a complaint letter to the management of the establishment. You shouldn't have to explain yourself to the staff. You told the hotel that you had mobility issues before your arrived so they were aware. The staff member had no excuse to treat you in such a disrespectful manner.

Advertisement