Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which tablet for videos and games?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

Hi. Head is spinning with all the options for tablets. It's the first tablet in the house, but it's going to be my 8 year old son's..primarily. He was thinking iPad as that's all he knows by way of tablet. I'm not too keen - they are expensive and it could get broken quite easily, you can't play movies on them without buying through iTunes, I'm not a fan of Apple stuff as they really don't allow you to do much, and the specs you can get on non-premium tablets are great and way cheaper.

So I was thinking maybe an Android device is my the bet. Still loads of apps from the Store, cheaper and way more selection options.

I'm also thinking of seeing if he'd like to get into some programming, he's shown a fair bit of interest in tech generally.

So, looking at Amazon, I see some quadcore tablets with micro SD slots, bluetooth, 10inch screens for about 100 euro. I want to avoid the temptation to go really cheap. Can anyone recommend a brand that is a good solid build quality, decent battery, reliable (robust?) tablet that you can get a custom case for? I'll continue to research myself, but I cant help but feel feedback here will help me avoid making some silly newbie mistakes. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Advertisement