Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill walking clubs around Tallaght

Options
  • 12-05-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Hi Im looking for a hill walking club in or around the Tallaght area?, Im intrested in taking it up with a group.
    If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe ask on The Ramblers facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/siuloiri ? AFAIK, they do do some walks near Tallaght.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BeachMusic

Check out West Wicklow Walkers on Facebook. They are based in Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fibbs

HI, I'm interested in walking Mid Week in Dublin or Wicklow mountains. most of the clubs online only walk at the weekends. I'm newly retired and would love to get back to this activity, Monday to Friday is my preference. Anyone know of a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fibbs

thank you all for the info. much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

fibbs wrote: »
    HI, I'm interested in walking Mid Week in Dublin or Wicklow mountains. most of the clubs online only walk at the weekends. I'm newly retired and would love to get back to this activity, Monday to Friday is my preference. Anyone know of a group?

I've come across a good few retired groups of people out walking mid week in Wicklow. I think they are mostly friends and loose groups of associates rather than clubs. Probably best to join a club that organises weekend walks and use that to establish contacts with people who want to go mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭blackvalley

fibbs wrote: »

How about doing a little bit of walking by yourself to start with .Lots of easy to find routes like the Wicklow way from Marley park up to three rock or the Dublin mountain way from Shankhill or Tallagh . Just an out and back walk along the trail to start with before getting more ambitious . These are both way marked walks so difficult to go too far wrong.
    If you are walking these popular trails midweek you are very likely to bump into like minded people and from that you might establish your own group .
    Good luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.kiltipperramblers.com/ should fit the bill.

Advertisement