Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Advice :)

Options
  • 12-05-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice based on personal experiences etc.
    Im finishing up college in a few weeks and have been applying for jobs the last while and even though ill have a level 8 degree in a relevant area I have no experience.

I was told to look at jobbridge which has lots of internships that suit but I cant apply for any as I'll be fresh out of college and wont have 3 months of social welfare payments behind me.

I was also told to ask firms about work experience. I'd have to move to dublin for work as there are better options there but Im currently based over an hour away. Should I get ahead of the "summer work" crew and email some firms now re work experience or should I wait till June and go up to these places personally and enquire?

Ideally I would want to have a job/internship within a month of my exams ending!

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

You're straight out of college, presumably no serious commitments... why don't you consider looking abroad for work too? Nearly all of my friends (including me!) emigrated over the past few years and none of us regret it.

Just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

What area are you looking for work in? And what qualification are you coming out with?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GG92

ah working abroad has never had much of an appeal for me, I think i'm too much of a homebird to be honest.

Im looking for work in legal services, Ill have a Bachelors degree in business with law (hopefully!)

Advertisement