Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the best budget non-contract mobile provider?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 4:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine is with Lyca mobile - seems pretty rubbish to me, fine for overseas calls but no Data plan etc. I'm suggesting they make a move to a normal plan, but I have no idea which one is good at the budget end.

She just needs a sim only plan - and something with no contract - or 30 day contract max. Probably only needs about 1gb data, a good lot of texts would be nice, and some calls. Can anyone who may have been researching this themselves recently tell me what the good offers are?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I'm on O2 experience plan costing e20 for 30 days. Once you top up they take first e10 for calls to any network or landline, then e5 for data and the other e5 gives me 250 text messages. Probably not the best but suits me as I wouldn't be using a lot of data or texts. Have a look on their site.

Forgot to say the e5 only gives 200 MB data

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Zascar wrote: »
    A friend of mine is with Lyca mobile - seems pretty rubbish to me, fine for overseas calls but no Data plan etc. I'm suggesting they make a move to a normal plan, but I have no idea which one is good at the budget end.

She just needs a sim only plan - and something with no contract - or 30 day contract max. Probably only needs about 1gb data, a good lot of texts would be nice, and some calls. Can anyone who may have been researching this themselves recently tell me what the good offers are?
    Thanks

If you go back a couple of pages someone here is doing an ongoing comparison of sim-free providers.

Advertisement