Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groom Wedding Suit

Options
  • 12-05-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Well

Anyone have any suggestions where to purchase a decent 3 piece suit in Cork, ballpark 500 euros

Anyone with experience of Moss Bros in Liffey Valley or similar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

We just bought my boyfriend's wedding suit yesterday - yay - another job off the list. Got it in Paul Costelloe in Arnotts....I presume there's a range of Paul Costelloe in Cork? They had fab stuff. They had a 20% sale on over the weekend, so we got it for €400 and it looks way more! It's a grey three piece, looks amazing on him. The trousers need to be taken up slightly, but they will do that for free after he picks out his shoes.

The guy in Arnotts didn't speak highly of Moss Bros, he used to work there....but then he wouldn't, would he? Being a competitor now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My OH is getting his in Lapel 1865. I think it's 400 euro including shirt, cufflinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

We bought our groomsmen a suit off the rack in Louis Copeland's instead of hiring one. They were €300 each and are lovely. They altered them to fit perfectly too

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howman

thanks for the response everyone

Did not know about Lapel in Cork so will check them out

doesn't seem to be many other options in Cork

Fitzgerald's have some nice 2 piece but nothing else

BTs / Savilles have options but are just too expensive for whats middle of the road as I see it

Another place we went to that had nice suits was Suits Select by the Kinsale rd roundabout but himself preferred the colour of the Lapel suit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tom Murphy's on Patrick's street seems to get good reviews too.

bee06 wrote: »
    Another place we went to that had nice suits was Suits Select by the Kinsale rd roundabout but himself preferred the colour of the Lapel suit.

is that Simply suits? gettin some positive feedback on their fb page

bee06 wrote: »

just came across this thread

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197613

some strong words

howman wrote: »
    just came across this thread

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197613

some strong words

Yikes, we might have to rethink our decision!

Sorry, it's Simply Suits alright. I'm always getting it mixed up with Suits Select in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I wouldn't be too impressed with simply suits, we didn't rent one there but lets say himself was wearing one for a wedding and the jackets stank of bo so he wore it while he had to and then twas off, they got the sizes all wrong on other mans suit so I wouldn't be raving about them

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too impressed with simply suits, we didn't rent one there but lets say himself was wearing one for a wedding and the jackets stank of bo so he wore it while he had to and then twas off, they got the sizes all wrong on other mans suit so I wouldn't be raving about them

are you saying you bought one and it had a smell off it?

No no sorry it was rented for a party and when they arrived it stank of bo and they got the sizes on things like the waistcoats and shirts wrong but it was too late to change

Milly33 wrote: »
    No no sorry it was rented for a party and when they arrived it stank of bo and they got the sizes on things like the waistcoats and shirts wrong but it was too late to change

I don't think Simply Suits do rental suits. That's what we were told when we went in.

they defo did.. perhaps this is why they stopped

to close this off, happy to say Tom Murphys of Patrick's st sorted me out, not sure why I didn't go in there from the off............best choice of styles and color in Cork by far, one of their brands offers a tailor made service to tweak the suit as you please, staff are friendly, can't recommend them enough

Advertisement