Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amps for recording

Options
  • 12-05-2014 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Could anyone give me a good recommendation of a low watt amp to record with, the music is the vein of Zeppelin and Queens of the Stone Age, well at least we try to :o

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Page is a Hiwatt/Marshall guy? And QOTSA are west coast rock - thinking' Mesa Boogie off the top of my head?

For some reason I'm thinking Swart as it has Mesa presence but with a vintage mojo handwired feel. Or perhaps a larger amp with an attenuator/power soak/ master vol. ? Swart AST is still a pretty loud amp with either 30 or 60 watts to play with depending on the output valves.

Or place the cab in a vocal both with a mic and crank it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Check out the Orange Tiny Terror.
    I tried one the other day, I've got a Mesa Dual Recto, an AC30 and an old Sound City L120 that I had converted to a HiWatt DR103, and this thing is no slouch. Offered a flavour none of the rest of them do...it's gone on the shopping list. Worth bringing your guitar in and having a go, but I reckon you could get the tone you're looking for with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i agree ^^ i recently recorded a dual terror and it was a versatile little beast with plenty of grunt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Cool! Like the idea of a TT! Did you guy use a normal guitar cab?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

I've got a 2x12 cab from TT Cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s that I use for the Mesa and SoundCity/HiWatt.
    I tried the Tiny Terror with an Orange 1x12.
    Sounded great, so I imagine a bigger cab would only improve things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

scuffham amps plugin

play it and be amazed.

Advertisement