Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using XBMC Gotham stable (4th May 2014)?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I've been using XBMC Frodo with Aeon Nox for the last few weeks and it's working fine. I always like to be using the latest version of any software so I am thinking of upgrading to Gotham (13.0). Has anyone upgraded yet to the stable release(4th May 14) and are you seeing any major stability issues? Should I stick with Frodo for another while to ensure any bugs in Gotham are fixed or take a chance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭soSolid

Yep, very stable. I was using the nightlies for the last couple of months and they were fine. 13.1 is in beta now for a few issues that cropped up since 13.0 went final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yeah, have it installed on my raspberry pi, working well so far but need to test if airplay is back working with iOS7 again. Apparently it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm running the OpenELEC version but yeah it's rock solid I haven't had any issues at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Not bothered with Gotham yet on my main HTPC as I've a heavily modified Aeon Nox skin. I've tried it on my RPi but can't see anything to rush me towards upgrading my main box. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-rises/

Too many changes to be bothered listing them for you tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Can I update xbmc on Apple tv through Nito without loosing my current Frodo settings?

FYI: Airplay (tested with video from youtube) not still not working for me from an iphone5 iOS7.1.1 using Gotham on a raspberry pi. :-(

Can I update xbmc on Apple tv through Nito without loosing my current Frodo settings?

You usually break things and end up re-installing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Installed Openelec with Gotham on the Pi yesterday ...... had been using Openelec 3.2 with Frodo.

Gotham seems to be more responsive and am glad I did the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Openelec 4.0.1 on RPi working well. Seems snappier than Frodo, so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It was good timing for me since my original setup completely tanked for some reason, every single plugin stopped working and the entire thing was beyond recovery.

Have tried it out only yesterday, seems a little quicker though nothing I find major from the last time.

Gonna try it on the RPi and see how that works, speed is definite key for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sorry to hijack thread but I am having trouble getting xvmc to work on my macbook. I have used several vids from youtube as a reference but it seems that when I download xvmc that there are files/add ons not included that are in the install vids I am watching?

Has anyone any suggestions?

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

frag420 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread but I am having trouble getting xvmc to work on my macbook. I have used several vids from youtube as a reference but it seems that when I download xvmc that there are files/add ons not included that are in the install vids I am watching?

Has anyone any suggestions?

frAg

Might be as simple as the videos being out of date?

Might be as simple as the videos being out of date?

Yeah, not all addons support Gotham yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ah i see! So has anyone uploaded it to Macbook before and if so how did you do it? Desperate here!!

A

frag420 wrote: »
    Ah i see! So has anyone uploaded it to Macbook before and if so how did you do it? Desperate here!!

A

You'd be best checking the XBMC forum
    http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

OP here, thanks for all the answers everyone, I think I might upgrade to Gotham now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I've been using the very first official release of Gotham since it came out.
    Have there been many releases in between it and the May 4th release?
    The first official release tends to crash on me quite a bit..I'm wondering if anyone else found this, and found the May 4th release to crash less?

oh.. and its running on the Howya

I've been using the very first official release of Gotham since it came out.
    Have there been many releases in between it and the May 4th release?
    The first official release tends to crash on me quite a bit..I'm wondering if anyone else found this, and found the May 4th release to crash less?

oh.. and its running on the Howya

I've been running the stable release for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had it crash once.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

davo2001 wrote: »
    I've been running the stable release for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had it crash once.

just to clarify, you are using the May 4th release yes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement