Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday clothes

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm heading off to Spain in two weeks and need to get some summer clothes

I can be a size 14 up to an 18 (big boobs, weight goes onto stomach) I usually wear lots of layers, so I'm not sure what to buy that'll be hot weather appropriate but will make me feel comfortable?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭goose1

It really depends where you plan going in Spain. I'm living in the south and generally feel like I'm melting from day to day. I couldn't leave the house in trousers, tights or leggings at this point so it's bare legs with dresses or shorts for now. The north is cooler but still pretty hot so to guarantee being comfortable I'd still avoid trousers etc.

For a week maybe 3 dresses, 3 pairs of shorts and a couple of loose tshirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 phonejabber

hi there, i too am heading off in a few weeks and am of the same body shape as yourself - there is loads of nice summer stuff in the shops at the moment - dunnes have some really comfy cropped trousers and lose tee-shirts. Also have a look in new look as they have some affordable things and go up to the bigger sizes. I would advise to go with comfort for the days and bring a couple of cardigans for the night! Enjoy your holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Forever 21 and New look have great options for larger sizes and really inexpensive. If you're feeling a bit worried about showing lots of skin Maxi dresses are great, and can be really glam as well. Dunnes also have some really flattering swimwear at the moment with higher waists and nice fitting tops.
    Happy shopping and have a great trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭zuhuraswa

Definitely maxi dresses. Most are kind of 'loose' fitting and always have room to accomodate changing 'sizes' up/down.
    Also a few flowy skirts.

Advertisement